Saturday, March 18, 2006

Good times in the crescent city. We're on our four day pass prior to getting on the airplane. New Orleans has been a TON of fun. It started out with one of my friends stepping in a puddle of vomit, then having a drink thrown on him by a female impersonator. Good times.

Last night saw us running around like idiots (me in my "Fuck me I'm Irish" green t-shirt), and drinking WAY more than is probably good for us. And thanks to my skill (ok, my luck) at the blackjack tables we've been able to do most of this almost for free.

I also must give a shout out to the women of New Orleans' finer gentleman's clubs. Good looks, southern charm, and a sense of humor probably make life alot easier around a crowd of drunken soldiers.

I'm going to try and maintain this blog while we're 'over there', but I don't have any idea what internet access on our FOB will be like, or even what kind of time I'll have available. We're combat soldiers, and the demands are likely to be pretty heavy. But I want to keep my friends advised of my status, and activities as much as possible.

So drop some comments, say hello, and if you're in the big easy this weekend, look us up and buy us drinks.

SSG Murph

No comments: