Sunday, August 9, 2009

A word about warfare in the modern age

Warriors.

Piss on warriors.

Seriously? Honor? The only honor a Soldier requires is the victorious accomplishment of his mission. Go ahead, stand across from me on the field of battle and raise your sword in salute. While you're looking at me engaging in your bullshit gesture I'm smirking back. Because I know that my men whom I've trained and disciplined to the peak of their skill are lying, cheating, stealing and sneaking their way around to your flank. In about 30 seconds they're going to fuck you in the ass while I watch, and you'll be dead before you ever know what happened. And as we roll over you and your men I will walk past your corpse and my salute will be to roll my eyes at you as we consolidate on our position and hope you brothers back behind you try some other honorable warrior tactic to try and knock us off this hill. Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

Professionalism. Disciplined, pragmatic brutality. Take your 19th century romanticism and embrace the shit out of it for all I care. This is the 21st century and I owe my country victory and my absolute best effort. Everything else is for fairy tales.

No comments: