Thursday, July 20, 2006

Alot of people write asking me how horrible conditions are here, feeling sorry for what we must be going through.

I mentioned before that we were living pretty plush around here. Well, I gathered up some photos, and decided to share them with everyone.

First, here's where I live:



I'm a Staff Sergeant, so I get my own room. Partially as privelege of rank, but also in order to hold meetings, conduct counselings, and just to get me away from the guys so we all have some time to decompress.

Here's our front walkway:



The break in the concrete barriers in the middle of the picture leads back to our bathrooms about 20 meters away.



Here's the compound from the middle of the quad. On top of the stacked trailers where my room is you can see our satellite dish we use to connect to the internet. It alway kind of reminded me of Melrose Place.

Now I've got something interesting to show ya'.


What's behind those barriers? Lots of concrete there, it must be something important.


Here it is from the other side. Two gun trucks out front protecting it? Must be pretty valuable. Let's look around the corner.



Nope, still can't see anything. What could it be?



With double overhead sandbag covering, concrete bunkers all around, it must be the safest port-a-johns in all of Iraq. Well, at least we can't get hurt while we're going poo.

No comments: