Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Carpentry Day
Current mood: busy

Today was carpentry day. We built a whole bunch of these shelf things to stack our extra gear on in our rooms. So I was out in the sun all day doing carpentry, which I enjoy. And my tan probably looks a little better. But its definitely getting hotter. I must've drank four bottles of water and only peed twice.

We moved shifts back an hour, so now we eat dinner out here instead of at the chow hall. Its kind of a pain in the ass, because my guys now have to go fetch both lunch AND dinner from the chow hall for the whole platoon, but its nice to eat here, then be all digested and ready to go to the gym when we get back from work.

Speaking of the gym I've been kinda slacking lately, so no milestones to share there. Tonight I have to rearrange my room to make room for this new shelf, so I intend to get back into the gym tomorrow night. I'll document my success or lack thereof as it comes along.

We also did a 'by serial number' inventory of everything I'm signed for here. Some of the serial numbers were not correct though, which means I havent been doing my job. Fortunately I wasn't actually missing anything, just some pieces/parts had gotten moved around without it being noted.

I've dug my camera out of my pack, and I intend to get some photos of my hooch (my room), my truck, and a few other things. I'll get em up soonest.

No comments: